Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FAT 2 FABB INTRODUCTION- Welcome Fatties!


Hello to my FABULOUS readers! If you're here, you've opted to come along with me for the ride to fitness. I'm pretty excited about me journey to this place and I feel the need to blog my successes and failures for other people out there like me struggling with their weight in the fight for a healthier lifestyle. Plus, its easier for you to know what NOT to do by keeping up with my blog, because I'm bound to royally fudge-up pretty often. Learn from my mistakes and keep reading!

I've done you a little bit of injustice though readers, I've already started this process 6 weeks ago so I need to catch you up on where I'm at, what I've been doing, and how the hell I got here.

Here's some background on myself. I'm a 6'1 African American 23 year old  female currently weighing in at (gulp) 301.8lbs.  At my heaviest I weighed in at 324 lbs and when I started this process, I weighed 318 lbs on January 8th, 2012.  I decided to do something about my weight after a series of events humiliated me to the point of no return, but we'll get to those life-changers in following posts.

To date, I'm down about 17lbs. I don't count the ounces against me, I'm quick to round up (if it's weight lost) or ignore it completely (if it's weight gained). It's just for the sake of my sanity that I remain doing it this way. I'm arguably crazy enough as it is, I don't need to add stressing about some trivial ounces of water weight I'm storing to make me more insane.

Anywhoo...17 lbs in 6 weeks is a big freaking deal and I'm celebrating! No one has noticed my weight loss besides my boyfriend -who doesn't count because men will ALWAYS say it looks like we're losing weight! Right ladies? Of course, they'd better say this or there will be hell to pay, so again, his opinion doesn't count. I do most of my silent celebrations or breakdowns on the scale in the bathroom, so I'm looking forward to the day when outsiders will approach me and pop the question, "Have you lost weight?"

Currently, I'm doing about an hour of cardio a day with Zumba fitness at STUDIO SI here in Greenville, SC which I absolutely adore (review to follow). In terms of my diet- I started off on this Dukan-ish diet and then modified it to just a plain ol' ketosis/low carb diet - which again I'll get more into in later posts.

A significant goal I've reached is to get out of the "morbidly obese" category by getting my BMI down from 42 to 39.8. I'm still in the "fatty mc'fatty" club, but hey- I count every win no matter how trivial.

I'm glad you're here peeps. it keeps me motivated. I want to get down to 180lbs, but I'm taking that goal down into 20lb increments. I've got approximately 9 "wins" until I hit that goal and I'm only 3 lbs away from that first win...in which you will celebrate with me profusely.

So kick back, relax, and read homies. I hope I can provide some insight- or at least some "he-haws". Laughter is good when you're overweight- somebody told me  it burns calories!

- Loo Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment